Chat and Community Notes and Rules
Removing Chains How-To Video Playlist Below
Live Text Chat
Welcome new and original users of Removing Chains survivor support chat services. We NEVER use video chat at any time for your privacy and security.
Chat window pops out
All users must be aware of the following rules and site notes:
- Never share your email address or social network accounts: Survivors, please never share these! While our Listeners must pass a background check we do not know most of them on a personal, in-person level. We do not want anyone at risk. Someone contacting you outside of Removing Chains site could have bad intentions and we are determined to keep every user safe.
- Trigger Warnings: Please be considerate of other survivors with what you share in the open rooms. We do not want to trigger others into an anxiety attack that may have difficulty with Post Traumatic Stress or severe bad memories.
- Don't forget to log out: You can log out from the "Survivors Chat Support" tab, or near the top of any of the RC Community pages. Use those to logout of the entire site, not just the chat, so you won't have any trouble getting back online when you return.
- Be respectful: Moderators (Listeners) are able to kick from rooms of a user is being offensive so please be respectful. Three times kicked, or warned, will result in at least a temporary ban from access to the chat rooms and community.
- Translation is automatic!: Translation of the live text chat is now automatic translating into 20+ different languages! This is exciting addition for us at Removing Chains but note that the Support Community pages are not able to translate so you must rely on Google Translate or others.
- Avatars: Now you can create an avatar so people can identify you more easily in the chat rooms.
- Listeners Schedule: Once we have enough listeners that are willing to or able to commit to specific times we will work on how to post that on this page.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~