Requirements to be a Listener on RemovingChains.org
As a Listener, Mentor or Survivor's Coach on Removing Chains live chat support site you can be an ear of compassion for survivors. Following are the requirements to volunteer as an online e-mentor on Removing Chains survivor support site.
Removing Chains Listeners and Mentors* are NOT counselors, therapists or legal advisors in any official capacity. We often help to connect them to professionals in their area as needed for solid in-person support.
*A Survivors Coach may be a licensed professional in one of these or other capacities
- Listener applicants must complete 15+ hours as a registered user in Removing Chains chat rooms before applying.
- Background checks are required for volunteers 18+ due to the ability to help often helping children and youth. The fee of $33.oo* is paid by the applicant and performed by Verified Volunteers, a division of Points of Light. Simply click their link, register on Verified Volunteers site and you can arrange your background check to become a Removing Chains Listener today!
- Listeners 18+ must use their real first name and last initial as their username and we will then add the appropriate title to your username. This gives the people you are helping feeling of safety.
- Applicant must provide character references from (2) regular Removing Chains users AND (2) references from personal contacts. Give them this link to fill out their reference online or print and mail in.
- We only ask for 2 to 4 hours per week based on your schedule but accept more if willing.
- Attend twice monthly conference calls or online meetings for training and e-Mentoring team support.
* In areas where counties or administrative courts charge Verified Volunteers fees for access to information, the fees will be passed along and the amount will be reflected in the total cost during Step 4 of the order process.
Check out these articles other helpful articles about being an online helper;
Does this sound like you? Fill out our online application for this or other positions within Ark of Hope for Children’s programs for those victimized as children by child abuse, human trafficking, or bullying.